Natural Therapies Courses
AST correspondence Natural Therapy courses offer the flexibility and convenience to complete your qualification on a schedule that suits your lifestyle. Research shows that approximately 60% of the population consult with a natural therapist. This industry therefore is offering a huge potential in professional growth. All natural therapy qualifications at AST are nationally recognised and will take you to your desired career. Alternatively, you may want to study for self-interest to broaden your knowledge in one of these fascinating modalities.
Some of the benefits of distance study with AST are:
- Take your study materials wherever you go: holidays, library, or study at the local café for a change of scenery. Learn when and where you want
- No more time wasted travelling to classes or having to fit classes in around your work and family work
- Study when it suits you: no need to worry about missing classes for emergencies anymore. You simply put your studies aside for a while and resume when you are ready
- Qualified and experienced natural therapists available to support you as you progress through your course
- Nationally-recognised and accredited training to get you the job you want
- The Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy is a nationally recognised course, considered to be the entry level requirement for naturopaths. Naturopathy is a healing modality that encompasses a natural approach to health and disease prevention and treatment. The Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy encompasses an in-depth study of nutrition and western herbal medicine. It also includes basic massage and homoeopathy as additional healing modalities.
- The Advance Diploma of Nutritional Medicine is a nationally recognised course, designed for people with a passion for nutrition and who wish to practice as a nutritionist. The Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine includes basic herbal medicine.
The Advance Diploma of Western is a nationally recognised course, designed for people with a passion for herbal medicine. Graduates of this course are able to enter the workforce as fully qualified herbalists. Western Herbal Medicine uses medicines made from plants to treat disease according to western herbal medical philosophy. Herbal preparations may include infusions, decoctions, tinctures and poultices of herbs as simples or in combination.
The Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine also includes basic nutrition, thus enabling the herbalist to provide basic dietary advice.
The Advanced Diploma of Homoeopathy is a nationally recognised course, designed for people who have a passion for homoeopathy and who wish to pursue a career in natural medicine. Graduates of this course are able to enter the workforce as fully qualified homoeopaths. Homoeopathy is based on the philosophy of like cures like. Disease is seen as derangement of the vital force and thus medicines that are capable of causing a similar derangement of vital force are used to correct the imbalance. Medicinal substances used in homoeopathic medicine are very dilute and potentised. The remedy is chosen because of its ability to cause similar symptoms in an otherwise healthy person.
Academy of Safe Therapies Pty Ltd|
1924 Gold Coast Hwy Miami QLD 4220 P +61 7 5568 7233 F +61 7 5568 7255